How do I create automated welcome letters?
The example below includes that a customer matches your trigger (e.g. a tag with the name "tag with customers" as shown) and then the email will be sent out. The process briefly involves the following two steps:
- Customer reports their address in the form on your website and is automatically entered into the tag with customers. To create a form see here.
- Then you create a message linked to the tag, which allows newly registered customers to receive a welcome letter automatically.
(Sample image on a flow with three mailings, the first of which is sent out immediately via email, the second after 14 hours via email and the last one after 25 days via SMS.)
To create an automated welcome letter, follow the points below:
- Select Automation using the left-hand navigation list.
- Click New Automation.
- Select trigger, tag/filter, which determines when the mailing is sent out. And you set the time for the mailing via the gear symbol.
- Click Add Mail OR add SMS to add a new message.
- Select the current template that you want to use to proceed to create the mailing.
- Click Save Draft to save, and Then click Automation to go back to editing the flow. It allows you to specify the time settings for the frequency at which the mailing is sent out.
Back in the Automation menu, you'll see your new campaign created. To activate the entire flow or individual campaign, click the YES/NO button for the entire loop as well as the messages in the loop that you want.
* You can also create a personal address in your welcome letter by using the member field with your first name. Läs mer om hur du gör här.
For further assistance, please describe your case to us at email@example.com To get quick help.