How do I create a grouped filter?
You can find the button after clicking New Filter.
The function of grouping filters means exactly what it's called, taking two or more filters with its different values and merging into one. This grouped filter is given the same properties as a regular filter, only with the exception that its constituents are multiple. Using the example below, follow the steps forward.
We want to filter out two different types of member data and create a common filter for them. For example, we want to take out members who come from FINLAND and who have spent over 300 EUR. This results in a multi-step rocket consisting of the following three steps:
First you need to create a filter, which is based on a selection group (tag) with a filter rule, in this case, country = Finland.
Därefter ska man skapa ett filter som samlar in, i detta fall, spenderat <300 EUR. Även detta filter ska baseras på en tagg (t.ex. order) i likhet som i första filtret eftersom det är den tagg vi vill filtrera informationen ifrån.
Finally, you create a filter further and set its first two filters to group them. The process will then be as follows 1-2-3:
1) Create Filter 1
- Based on the current tag (s) to be sampled.
- Be filtered on member information e.g. "Country". Please specify "Finland" or other based on how it is presented in your member data. Commonly used are only two letters such as FI, SE, DK etc.
- Click Save Filter to save the filter and proceed.
2) Create Filter 2
- Based on the current tag (s) to be selected, e.g. ordercompleted.
- Be filtered on member info e.g. "EUR spent". In the example below, the total order amount is the member data used.
- Click Save rule to build the filter and proceed.
3) clustered filter, i.e. collect filter 1 & 2.
Finally, you create the third filter that will contain the two previously created subfilters.
- Go to Tags & filter
- Click New Filter
- Select Group Filters
- Specify the tag (s) that the filter should be based on
- Click Save Filter to proceed
- Find and specify previously created Subfilters 1 and 2.
- Click Save rule. Clearly!