How do you import your member lists?
Please note that the custom fields' attributes, column names, (e.g. first name, zip code, etc.) are advantageously created before import. This is done viaMembers>Groups and custom field . Excel columns will then be automatically merged with created custom field in Rule. custom field for email and mobile numbers do not need to be created, Rule reads them automatically.
To import your XSL or CSV file with members, follow the steps below:
- Go to members.
- Click Import to select the file to import.
- After selecting the file, click Next to proceed.
- Remember that Email should be named Email in your file so that it is mapped correctly in the import.
- In the next step, the content from your file is automatically custom field in Rule and you can also add custom field that were not created before the import.
- At the bottom, you specify which tag/tags the list should belong to, or you can create a new tag by typing in a name and clicking Create tag.
- Then click Start Import
- Import is started and you will receive a notification when import is complete. Note that it is perfectly okay to open a new window, click on a new tab in Rule and work on something else while the import is running in the background.