Your first Marketing Automation
5 - Rule first automation. Sub. From Rule Communication On Vimeo.
Automation works just as the name suggests, something happens automatically. By replacing manual processes with automated ones, you save time, increase efficiency and take advantage of the opportunities that Marketing Automation opens up. In Rule, you can send automated SMS and email.
- Click on "Dashboard"
- And then into "Automation"
To start your automation, click on " New automation".
- Name your automation flow
- Choose what you want to trigger your automations on,"Tag" or "Filter/Segment", if you are not sure what the difference is, there is a simple explanation here!
- Choose a trigger, in this case we chose a "Tag" which we named "Welcome Loop"
- Here you choose whether you want to start your automation flow with "Mail" or "SMS"
- We chose to start with a "Mail", then you will end up in this view to choose which template, the "Custom Super Template" is a template where all the blocks you can think of needing are there. The blocks you don't need, you can of course remove. If you want to know more about how to build your mail, you can do so here!
- There is also a library of other templates you can use
- Here you type in "Sender", can be name, company or organisation
- Enter "Mail address"
- Enter your "Category"
- When you make changes inside your email, make sure you always save.
- Here you will find the "Image Bank" to add images to your emails
- If you want to change your mail template, click on "Change template"
- You also have the option to preview all your emails
- After you've made your email and saved it, you'll see that your first email is there in your automation feed.
- As you can see on both "2", it is still not active yet, so you don't need to worry that something is being sent yet.
- Here you see different icons, "edit message", "view statistics", "scheduling" and "delete mail"
- After that, you can continue to expand your flow.
Remember to set each email or SMS only in the loop according to how many days you want something to be sent
- After you've finished your flow the way you want it, double-check that everything in the flow is checked as "Active"
- When you feel completely ready and want the flow to start sending away, also tick "Active" for that entire flow, then it will move from "Inactive", to "Active".
After moving your flow from inactive, to active, you have made your first Automation. Well done!