Journey Builder - Introduction
In this article we give you an introduction on how to navigate inside the Journey Builder. The purpose of Journey Builder is to allow you to communicate more but with fewer mailings. When you set up a Journey, you will be able to build several different flows, so-called "lanes" with both email and SMS messages. If a member or customer matches with several segments in your Journey, for example if you set up communication about "News", "Back-in-stock" and an "Offer", this will be sent as one long email to the member/customer instead of three separate mailings. We also recommend that you read our Journey Builder - get started guide before you get started.
You will learn:
- Where to find everything
- Tips for getting started with
- How our editor works
Everything that is circled is called "Journeys".
- In your "Journey", you have something called "Lanes", or flows, you can have unlimited lanes in your Journey.
- Inside your 'Journey', you add the 'Header' and 'Footer'. Also called "Header" or "Footer". You only do this here and never inside the email itself.
- Here you will find the "Page header" or header
- Here you will find the "Footer".
- Here you select "Trigger"
- When you click on "Trigger", you will be presented with different options. If you choose the circled options, i.e. "Relative date" and "Annual", you will need to select custom field.
- Here you can see "Last mailing" and when "Next mailing".
- Here you can see "Sent", "Opened" and "Opened links".
- Click on "+" to add more emails or SMS to your lane.
- Here you can clearly see that this is an SMS message.
- Here you can clearly see that this is an email
- This is called the "Content-set".
- Select 'Segment'
- Preview only one email
- Statistics for this email only
- Select the number of days this email should be triggered, in this case after 21 days.
- Enable/Disable specific emails in your lane
- Activate/Deactivate the entire Journey
- Click there to go to statistics
- Delete the entire Journey
- "Switch", for example you can select the segment "Gender: Female".
- "Switch", for example, you can select the segment "Gender: Male". Then you can do the same email but change the images so that it is adapted for product images for women vs men.
- Here you can see which "Widgets", or blocks, are in the email.
- Here you can see all the "Widgets", whether they are "Standard" or if you have your own Widgets.