How do I set up segments?
In this article, we will go through step by step how to set up Segments inside Rule. Segment is a tool for creating selections on your customers, so Segment is a way to further divide your customers. For example, you can segment your members who have shopped more than 3 times, over a certain type of order value, and create mailings that are more relevant to them. Or if you have customers with the member field "City", you can create a filter on "City = Gothenburg". In this way, all members who have Gothenburg as a city are segmented out of the list.
Before creating segments, we suggest that you know what the following are:
- custom field, briefly explains what it is, this will make it easier for you
- Example segments to understand how you can use it in different ways.
- Click on "Members"
- Then on "Segment"
Then click on "+ New segment" in the top right corner
- Name your "Segment"
- Describe what your segment should do, this is not mandatory, but we recommend doing it to have clarity and structure if there are several people in the account.
- Choose which "Tags" this segment should be based on
- Choose "Regular segment" or "Combined segment", if you want to know what the difference is, you can read more about it here!
Next step, should we add one rule to your segment, or several?
- Switch whether you want the rule to match "All" or match "Some". Match "Any" = one or any rule must match the member to be in the segment. Match "All" = The segment retrieves the values that match all the values. I.e. all rules must match the member to be in the segment.
- Select a "field", there will be lots of different options there, choose the one that fits the rule you want to set up for the segment.
- Select "operator", it will automatically display different options you can choose from, in this example we could select "is equal to" or "is not equal to".
- In this example we are segmenting by language, so in this field you will choose which language you want to segment by.
- You can add multiple rules to the same segment by clicking on "+ New rule".
- Here you can choose whether you want to include "Historical data" in your segment. For example, if you want to set up a segment to get the members who made more than 3 orders, you need to click on "Historical data".
- Here there are different options to set up rules after you have chosen to include "Historical data", choose the one that suits your segment you are setting up.
- Save and sync