Tags (new Rule) -FAQ
In this article we will go through common questions about tags. If you are not sure what a tag is, we recommend that you read the article about Taggar. If you still feel you have questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will go through the following:
- How do I exclude a tag from a mailing?
- How do I merge multiple tags?
- How do I change or add a tag/tags?
- How do I move a member from one tag to another?
- How do I remove or add a tag/tags?
- Can I send to multiple tags at the same time?
- How do I find a customer in a tag?
1. How do I exclude a tag from a mailing?
To exclude a tag or filter, first type a minus sign before entering the tag name. Then the tag in question will be highlighted in red and the members of that list will not receive the mailing, regardless of whether they are included in other tags.
Note that this must be done before a mailing is made, i.e. when a campaign is still in draft or scheduled form, for example, and cannot be changed afterwards.
2. How do I merge multiple tags?
We recommend some ongoing "cleaning" of the member tags to facilitate your own organization. A solution can sometimes be to combine several existing tags into one, e.g. the newsletter tag. Newsletter tag to simplify administration.
To merge two or more tags, do the following:
Enter the tag you want to merge with another tag.
- Click on "Actions"
Scroll to the bottom and select "Export to Tags".
- Click on "Select tags"
- Select the tag you want to move over
- Export tags
As a final step, you can then delete the first tag, go to the tag > Actions > Delete. Done!
3. How do I change or add tag(s) on which to base segments?
- Click on "Members"
- Then on "Segment"
Click on the segment you want to change tag(s) > Click on "Select tags" > Select the tag you want to change to
- When there is more than one tag in the segment, it is possible to tick the tag that should not remain there.
4. How do I move members from one tag to another?
When you are in the tag you want to move members from, click on "Options" and then on "Export".
- Scroll to the bottom, click in that you want to move "Tags"
- Then select the tag(s)
- Export tags
5. How do I remove or add a tag/tags on a customer?
Here we will go through how to remove and/or delete a tag on individual customers.
Here's what to do:
- Click on the "Member icon"
- In on members
- On the member you want to add or remove the tag, click on the "Three dots" on the far right and select "View profile".
When you are on the member you want to change tags for, just click "cross" on the tag(s) you want to remove. If you want to add more or a new tag - click on "Select tags".
Note that members without a tag will not be affiliated and cannot become recipients of promotions.
Members without a tag can then be found under Settings - Admin and members without tag.
6. Can I send to multiple tags at the same time?
Of course, you can send campaigns to several tags at the same time. In the field for recipients, '' To'', you enter the tags that you want to receive the newsletter. Click in the box and start typing the first tag name and the options come up automatically. Then you start typing the next tag name you want to add and select it.
7. How do I find a customer in a tag?
Go to tags, here you can either search for that tag, or click on that tag in the field below.
When you are in the tag you want to find a member, you can search in the field, as you can see the member comes up.