How do I create a registration form?
Rule allows you to easily collect customer information via registration form to,e.g. receive email addresses via signup fields on your website.
To create a registration form, follow the steps below.
- Go to members
- Click Home Page Form
- Click Create New
- Name: Means the name of the form and is only for you as a user and will not be visible on the form itself.
- Tag: Specify which tag members should be imported to at sign-up. For example, the Newsletter or Sign up from the websitetag. A "tag" in Rule can be compared to a list.
- Select custom field : The e-mail member field is the default and already filled in and cannot be changed. You can, if you want, add more member fields and choose whether they are mandatory or optional to fill in.
- Include languages for new members: Here you can specify the current language for new members. I.e. which language the member will receive as member data on their customer card. This can be useful if you are communicating in several different languages, but are not obligatory.
- Request Consent: We recommend that you add a check box that the prospective member must click in in order to confirm and continue your registration, with respect to the GDPR.
Here you can enter the text they will agree to, or add a link for example, the company's customer policy (more information) and a text describing the link.
- On the right side of the image below you will see a preview.
- Then click Save and create emailbutton to move to the Step 2-Email.
Step 2 – Email
Here you select the template you want to start from and in the e-mail builder you create the mailing that will be sent as confirmation to the prospective member. You specify, among other things, the sender information, header (for example, "Confirm your registration!) and any UTM-beskrivning For tracking through Google Analytics.
Important: On the right you will find a block where it says "% LinkOptin%" (see picture below). This is necessary for the registration to be linked in the message. It will then be exchanged for a unique confirmation link when the email is sent out, to confirm that the recipient is the correct one.
If the customer does not click on the confirmation button, this will not become active in your account. If the member wants a new confirmation email, it must wait 24 hours before the member can sign up again
- Click "Copy Link" (In the black box in the image above),
- Then select the "I confirm" text in your mail, in this case a green button (see below).
- Click the link icon on the top toolbar.
- In the URL field, paste the % linkoptin%link. Also select "
" in the box for the protocol, see pictures below:
Top! Then click next to go to Step 3 settings.
By default, Rule has generic landing pages for successful and unsuccessful. Here you can add their own landing pages. With our own landing pages, we mean pages that you have created through your website provider. Click on the link text to add your own URL; Vi har samlat mer information om landningssidor här.
Then click Next to proceed to the Step 4 summary.
In the final step, the HTML code for the resulting form is displayed and the form is previewed on the right side of the image. Click Copy to copy the entire code snippet and paste it into the desired location on your home page.
The code also includes a CSS block, you can easily customize to match your graphic profile. If you are unsure of how to do so, please forward the code to the responsible person in your organization who manages your website.