Get started with automated file import
For those of you who work with a lot of data in different systems, it is easy to automate imports into Rule. Importing data into Rule can be automated in several ways. One option is via API, it is included free of charge for all Rule customers, mer info här.
As an alternative, we also offer the add-on service, automated file import via SFTP. It is suitable for those of you who work with files and automatic uploading.
After the service is activated, you as a customer will receive a username and password, to your SFTP area at Rule. The address of your sFTP area is usually "'sftp:// parser.rule.io/uploads"
You can then upload files once or several times a day so that they are automatically imported into Rule.
For example, every night at 05:00 you can upload a file with today's new members. These are then imported automatically so that Rule users can work with the current data every morning.
For file import to work, the following points must be met
- One of the columns 'emailAddress' and 'phone_number' must be in each file, these are mapped to the Email Address and Phone Number system fields
- The rest of the columns will be loaded as custom field where the column name becomes the member field name. By default, the group will be "Subscriber" (let us know if you wish to use another group). For example, for the column "name", "subscriber" becomes member group and "name" custom field .
- We recommend the file formats .csv or .txt
- The columns in the file should be separated by semicolons ";" or tabs
- UTF-8 encoded
- Terminated strings i.e. the text is separated by quotation marks example: "First name";" Surname"
- Top row is title (see sample file)
- 1 line in the file is 1 member imported
- If the member already exists, the custom field duplicates are not created
- If the membership field is not already in your account in Rule, it will be created automatically
- Automatically created fields get the type "Text". If you want to change to e.g. "Date", you can do so easily under the field settings in Rule .
Here you can see an example of how a importfil may look.
You can also use sFTP file to delete members, for it to work the file must be called "delete" so e.g. "20210101000001_Delete.csv"
For the delete file to work, the following points must be met:
- .csv format
- the file should contain the heading "emailAddress" in column A1
- No separators like tab or semicolon
- only email addresses in the A column, no other data
To order automatic file import, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.